Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Limbo

Nothing much new here, except that limbo-land is about to drive me crazy. And, this is where Hubby would get his "short drive" sarcastic jab in. We always joke that "it takes one to know one." His family's sarcastic sense of humor was so foreign to me when I first met them. Sarcasm was just not very prevalent in my family growing up. Now, I've gotten pretty good at the sarcastic responses, though. I think I learned from the best! :-)

Anyway, so...limbo-land.....
Waiting on these last five pounds (which is proving to be a bit more difficult this week).
Waiting in the 2ww.
Waiting on the IVF financing discussions.
Waiting on BFF to be induced on 12/14...Hubby's birthday, no less.
Waiting on AF which is also due on 12/14.

I'll be writing about that last one a bit more later this week, I think, because I can't seem to shake it. Back in March, the likelihood of their baby being born on Hubby's birthday was brought up as a happy occurrence. Now, it somehow just seems like an ironic, cruel reminder. And now that AF is also due on 12/14...we'll that just takes the cake!

The relationship with BFF remains strained. And, though I feel that I've done all I can and am comfortable with where we are (seasons, as it were), the pain remains, to some extent, because she is apparently much less comfortable with where we are. It's a frustrating place we find ourselves in. I don't think that we can "fix" it, though, no matter how hard we try. I think it requires time and space. I just realized that last week, though, and I don't think she's there yet. Her whole life changes next week and I think (hope) that all of this will seem a bit less serious to her after that.

So, we're just waiting here...lots of waiting. I'm not very good at waiting...or perhaps it's just the "patiently" waiting part that I'm not so good at!

13 comments:

Star said...

Sorry to hear that you and your best friend are in an awkward stage of your relationship. I have been there more than once, with more than one close friend, and sometimes the friendship did not survive, but sometimes it does. Time and space can help a lot. Good luck in sorting it out, and take care of yourself while doing all this waiting (and read some good books! I've found it a great distraction to help pass the time over the years).

Priscilla said...

Waiting just SUCKS!!!

And the 14th of December....COM'ON!?!?!?!? What are the chances???

Hang in there sweetie....we all know how you feel and we're here for you!! xox

Leah said...

The waiting can be so difficult. It builds character. . . or something like that! ;-) I'm excited to find your blog and look forward to following your journey. :-D

Lin said...

LOL, Leah...that's exactly what my Hubby says, too! "Builds character!" :-)

J said...

I hate living in limbo...it bites! But that is life my friend. :)

I'm hoping AF doesn't come on the 14th! What a great birthday/Christmas present!

One Who Understands said...

Waiting is a pain! It feels like all we ever do is wait. Oh the AF, DH b-day, BFF due date, is too much!

Good luck with your last 5 lbs. I swear those last 5 always seem to be harder to lose.

Michele said...

I stink at the waiting too. I'm ready for it to all happen tomorrow. I feel stuck. Let's both try to hang in there.

Bug's Momma said...

Oh, that just stinks about everything falling on the 14th! I say do something extra special for you on that day!

Anonymous said...

Waiting is so hard. I hope the baby is not born on your hubby's birthday and that you get a bfp.

Anonymous said...

Ugh sorry for all the waiting. I hope it goes by fast and you find something to take your mind off things. Yea I say do something special on the 14th also!

Rambler said...

What a game of dates! And how it changes from excitement and "how cool" to just dread and "why the 14th??". I understand where you are coming from and I hope you're able to work it out emotionally with your BFF. But bottom line is that someone who hasn't walked in your shoes isn't going to feel their pain.

And BTW, your weight loss is awesome! I feel like such a lazy hag. :)

Hillary said...

Seriously, IF is one big limbo-land with so many smaller limbo waiting periods along the way. I'm sorry - I totally know what you mean!

And how crazy about the Dec. 14. I'm sorry :(

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Thanks for your comment about Dh's SA. It made me breathe a little bit easier. I appreciate the support.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...