1) It's 2010 and I keep writing 2011...every single time. Bet it will take me well into February to remember! I can't even believe that it's already 2011 or that January feels like it's already almost half gone! Seriously, January is already kicking my butt at work. It's insane!
2) We had a wonderful Christmas! It was so much fun sharing Harris' first Christmas. He got a million and one toys, with one family Christmas still to go next week. It's a bit ridiculous. The "Baby Things" toy box that sat in front of our fireplace was barely full before Christmas. Now, there are toys the entire length of the hearth. Cleary we need a toy management system for our living room!
3) LMH's daycare is closed the week between Christmas and New Year. Yes I know that this is sort of strange. But, essential his montessori daycare is also a preschool that has a traditional holiday vacation for kids and staff. All my vacation was used up on maternity leave this year, and The Hubby is in the midst of a ginormous (neverending) project at work. Thankfully, my mom was able to take off that week to watch LMH for us. It was so very nice having her with us all last week. And, I know she enjoyed all of the one-on-one time with LMH. Going forward, Hubby and I could totally plan to take off vacation that week, but Nana has already called this as her annual LMH week!
4) I have a four day workweek this week, since Friday is my flex day. Next week will be the first in at least three weeks that I'll be expected to work a full five day workweek. I'm already dreading it. Between flex days and holidays I'm royally spoiled right now.
5) Remember a year ago when I was soooo excited to get my (crappy) Palm Pre? Well, it sucked...way more than the Blackberry Pearl that I thought sucked back then! Ok, to be more accurate, the Pre and WebOS has tons of unfilfilled promise, but for the time period I had it, it sucked. The app market was exceedingly sparse, updates few and far between, and the physical build quality subpar. I had high hopes for my Pre, but in the end, I pretty much squealed with delight when I opened my shiny new T-Mobile G2 on Christmas morning! I LOVE this thing! I really had know idea just how much my Pre sucked until I got the G2. It rocks!
6) Honestly, I'm fairly certain that phone is inreasing my productivity, too! Right at the end of 2010, I was scrambling to finish my annual performance goals at work. I had to read this book by David Allen called "Getting Things Done." The book was just ok...really jargon heavy and kind of outdated, because it focused mainly on a paper-based organization system. However, after some time with Google, I found so many great tips for how to incorporate the Getting Things Done system into my daily routine...and a lot of them had to do with productivity apps for my phone (Astrid Tasks, Evernote, Remember the Milk, etc.). I've been using them since Christmas and am totally loving it!
7) At the same time, it's a bit of a double-edged sword. Seeing a comprehensive list of all of my projects, personal and work, is a bit (maybe a lot) overwhelming! And, it's even more so when so many of them remain undone and untouched each day. There just really aren't enough hours in the day! I guess I need to learn how to ignore what I can't work on and just focus on what I'm working on at the time.
8) Ha! That was funny. If you've been reading any time at all, you knkow that's pretty much the antithesis of my personality. Don't see me learning how to change that one anytime soon!
9) LMH will be five months old tomorrow! I can't believe. Time is truly flying by. I've always heard people say that "it goes so fast," but I truly had no idea! It feels like he's already gone from newborn to little boy in the blink of an eye!
10) Remember what seems like months ago when I mentioned that I'd be unveling a new blog project soon? Well, soon is finally here and I'm sooooo excited! I'm hoping to have the new blog, Mom in Orbit, up and running by this weekend. And, I'm looking forward to sharing it with all of you! In the meantime, here's a sneak peek:
Planned Parenthood Can’t Be Defunded
21 hours ago