In less than 24hrs we'll be at the clinic for our first u/s! I had begun to think I'd never be able to say that it was finally here! We've had a wonderful time in Arkansas with the fam, but I'm ready to go home. Well, it's not so much that I'm ready to go home...I'd stay longer if it weren't for the u/s. But, I'm so very ready for the u/s!
I've run both scenarios through my head all day...the happy, healthy heartbeat...or the emptiness. I made a comment to my mom that if she got a call from me, it was good news. But, if it was a call from Hubby, that probably meant bad news. Hubby shushed me before I could even get the sentence out. I just haven't been able to not think about the bad news scenario today. I guess I felt like I had to think it through just long enough to be prepared. Sillly, really, because there's no level of preparedness for news like that.
So, we head home in the morning. There's some snow in the forecast for here and some icy mix in the forecast for TX. We're leaving with plenty of time to spare, but it could be a slightly interesting trip home. My grandparents called yesterday, all concerned after watching the weather, suggesting that we change our plans. We lived in Minnesota for five years. A dusting of ice and snow in Arkansas and Texas doesn't compare. Needless to say, no changing of plans happened. We will be extra careful, though, of course.
This time tomorrow, we'll have seen Beaker for the first time!
Should You Tell People About Your Infertility?
20 hours ago