Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Planning some Shopping Therapy

I've been pretty good since the SA results to not indulge my craving for a tiny bit of "shopping therapy." But, I can slowly feel the craving getting the best of me. For the most part, it's nothing too crazy. I'd like a new outfit for a meeting in two weeks, a pair of brown sandals to replace the ones that just broke...nothing too expensive. Well, except for this one thing...
....a Palm Pre to replace my ridiculously crappy Blackberry Pearl!

My Pearl has been crap for quite awhile, but ever since we started trying, I could put off the desire for a new phone by reminding myself that we needed to save the money for baby. Of course, now I should be reminding myself that we need to save the money for whatever IF treatments are coming our way. And, I will, and we've already been working those things out a bit...but, I just want this one indulgence along the way.

Sort of like a consolation prize for the moment...no baby? IF? Ok, here's your Palm Pre. Lame? Selfish? YES! :-(

I'm quick to remind myself that I also take part in less selfish distractions...prepping Gracie for her therapy dog exam, volunteering at Ronald McDonald House, etc. But, everytime my Pearl does something stupid, it gets harder to silence that shopping therapy craving. I guess it would be worse if my phone wasn't already breaking one piece at a time. I really should ease up on myself a bit! Then again, it's not like spending money on the phone is really going to make me feel any better about all of this. Another good distraction, though, I suppose.

Anyone have a Palm Pre? (BTW, I'm sticking with Sprint, so the iPhone is not an option).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. I was set to buy an ipod touch, but then decided instead to order a new laptop to replace my six year old one. It comes on thursday :) I hope you enjoy your palm pre if you do order one. The commercials are nutty.

Lin said...

LOL...nope, you're defintely not the only one! I am, without a doubt, guilty as charged! I hope you enjoy your new laptop...what brand is it?

Oh, I agree with you on the commercials. They crack me up!

Bug's Momma said...

Retail therapy is the best kind of therapy. Too bad that the news just keeps getting worse and I came to the realization that there was nothing I could buy that would soothe our latest blow.

But I hope you have fun with the new phone. I'm an iPhone girl - love it!!

Jen said...

Retail therapy is my thing too! I don't know what it is. I think, well, if I'm not going to be pregnant anyway, I'm going to buy new jeans that I don't need!!! I am on iPhone girl too, but I'm getting a Blackberry for work. We'll see how that goes!

Anonymous said...

Wow lots of iphone people on here. I ended up getting a Dell laptop.

Me said...

Sigh...I love to shop. I love retail therapy. I totally need some. :-D

Lin said...

I have a Dell laptop, too...in bright green. LOVE it! :-)

Jen...I'll be interested to hear how your thoughts on iPhone vs. Blackberry!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...