Thursday, September 3, 2009

And it all comes crashing down...

Ok, maybe that's a bit melodramatic; maybe it's not.  That covers how I feel at the moment pretty accurately, though!

Got the second SA results back today.  They were the same.  That's not the "crashing down" part, though it sucks.

No, the primary reason for my awful, terrible, bad day is this...15 months ago we put our house in Minnesota on the market.  At some point we decided that we would need to short sale the house due to the market conditions.  2 months ago we got our first offers (2 in the same week).  Monday the buyers had their inspection.  Today they cancelled their offer.

Back to square one.

I was taking some small amount of solace in the fact that God was only giving us one giant life drama to deal with at a time...that we would close on the MN house and be able to focus all of our attention on the TTC drama.  Not so, apparently.

I still believe that God only gives us what he know we can handle.  But, he must really think that we can handle a lot...

Edited to add:  Just to give the clear picture, I should say that we moved from MN for work relocation reasons, and also because the lack of light/general environment of MN was really hard on DH and his depression.  Even though the MN side of the move sucks in that we can't get rid of the house even 15 months later, we've been incredibly lucky on how the TX side of things has worked out.  We're happy in this new life in TX and just want to get rid of the "dead weight" that keeps us from closing the MN chapter of our lives and lets us fully move on.  I guess that's why I get so upset about it. 
------------------------
For those of you that like to see the numbers (and so that I can record it for later), here are the 2nd SA results:
Count: 5 million (no change)
Motility: 14% (down from 22% a month ago)
Morphology: 0% normal

8 comments:

Hope Springs said...

So sorry to hear this - I hope you get some better news soon. How about the people who put in the second offer? Are they still interested?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I too wonder why all of this is happening to me as well and wonder why God is doing this. I just have to have faith that one day I'll know why and hope it'll be worth it. But I struggle with keeping the faith, it's so hard going through this. I'm thinking of you =(

Lin said...

Thanks ladies. It really means a lot. We'll go back to the people that put in the second offer, but it's been 2 months now, so I imagine that they moved on.

Anonymous said...

Ugh that sucks that they cancelled it. Did they give a reason on why they pulled out after the inspection? Is there anything you can fix?

Baby Hungry said...

I am so sorry! I am really sorry about the SA results. Hope you can do something fun to keep your mind off everything this weekend!

Jess said...

I'm so sorry sweetie! Can't you just get a break? I hope the MN house sales soon. I wish you had been given better news on your hubby's SA.

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Hope you get rid of that dead weight house soon!

So sorry the results weren't what you wanted.

Liz said...

What a lot to deal with. I hope that things start to turn around soon.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...