Saturday, October 30, 2010

Little Man H!

I've missed blogging and I've missed all of you!  For some reason, I really just needed to take a break near the end of my pregnancy, but I never really planned on disappearing completely.  I needed a break, but I didn't know why.  Now, I do.  For awhile there, blogging made me feel somehow ungrateful and guilty.  I didn't how to straddle the line between fertile and infertile.  Blogging here, in particular, made me feel guilty...but, feeling guilty made me feel ungrateful for our miracle.  It's not that straightforward, though.  I know that now.  Reading blogs of people who had come out on the other side gave me so much hope during those darker days.  Maybe our story will do the same.

I always planned on coming back once he was born.  The latter end of our pregnancy had some unexpected complications, though...H came about a month early and I was unable to use the computer for a week or so before he was born and about a month after due to issues with my own vision.  I spent so much time worrying about him that I never really stopped to worry about myself.  In the end, he was perfect and I had the lingering issue....


So anyway, I've been waiting all this time to post, because I wanted to wait until I had his birthstory written...but, I'm still working on it.  In fact, I have writer's block.  It was such a time of emotional extremes...sheer joy at his birth and sheer terror at the thought (and reality) of not being able to see him.  It's been difficult to relive it in order to write it down, but I feel that I need to do it so that I can truly process it all.

H is FABULOUS!  He's an absolute dream baby!  Honestly, I can't imagine a more perfect, adorable baby boy and I already can't imagine what we did before he was here.  Our life and family just feel complete now...perfectly how it's supposed to be!

So, here are a few pics of his first fabulous, amazing, wonderful (I could keep going, but I digress...) three months with us.  I hope we're back now...I plan to be back.  I feel the need/urge to blog again now that our life is settling into its new normal.  I go back to work in about a week and I'm sort of terrified.  Real life is already much more complicated than my wonderful three months in a bubble with LMH were!  *sigh*


So, we're back!  I'm not sure what the blog will look like now, but Little Man H and I will be here for sure!  And, come on...how can you resist THAT face?

11 comments:

foxy said...

Welcome Back, Lin! I was just on your site last night wondering how you were! :) Congratulations on the arrival of your little one.

One Who Understands said...

Welcome back! I have been wondering how you were for so long. I'm glad little man H arrived safely and all of you are doing great. Can't wit to hear more.

(Oh and little side note, I don't think the pics you added loaded correctly. I can't see them.)

(((HUGS)))

Lin said...

Ah bummer! I edited the post on my phone and it must have wiped the pics. So annoying...off to fix them. Thanks for the heads-up!

Lin said...

Geez...now my line breaks are all messed up! Welcome back, huh? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the blogging world :) You should probably send a message to the LFCA to let everyone know you are back :)

Lauren said...

He is seriously very very cute and I'm so glad everything is ok! I was worried about what might have happened to you!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations and welcome back!! We missed you! I'm so happy to hear about your beautiful and healthy baby boy.
Welcome Back Lin!

Illanare said...

Welcome back and congratulations!

Katie said...

Welcome back, you were missed! Congrats on the gorgeous baby boy!

Me said...

I love the photos - he is SOOOO cute!!! Missed you!

Kimberly said...

First,thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!
Your little boy is so adorable!! We did IVF as well to conceive our daughter Eden. We used a doctor here in the DFW area. We plan on going back in the next couple of years because we have quite a few frozen embryos. Right now, we are focusing on Levi.
I look forward to reading more and catching up on your blog!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...