Sunday, May 3, 2009

A bit of an intro...

Alright...Journey to Mommyhood- POST #1! :-) I had been thinking about starting this blog to chronicle my TTC journey for a few months now, but just never sat down to do it. Today, though, is a lazy Sunday, both in terms of the weather and me, so it seemed like the perfect day to get this dealio started!

That's especially true since here I sit in my first 1 week wait. AF is due on Mother's Day...yah, I know, fitting right? So, today I'm at 7DPO. Many would say that's too early to feel any symptoms, and they're probably right. However, I know people who swear they've felt symptoms as early as 1-2DPO. Honestly, I think it's more likely that I'm crazy!

The whole last week, I've been voraciously reminding myself that a first try BFP is an extreme longshot. Today, however, I feel that longshot feeling giving way to, "you know, I think I've got a shot!" I've had bloating, backaches and cramps, to name just a few symptoms, so far. The trouble with the new attitude, though is that I'll be much more disappointed than surpised now. I was really trying to keep a mentality of "it's not going to happen this first cycle, but that's ok. I'm just happy to have O'd." Maybe I can revisit that attitude tomorrow, for my sanity's sake!

Fertility Friend says that I should wait to test until 5/18. I seriously doubt that I'll be able to make it that long! I'm thinking that I'll let myself test on Wednesday, even though that would still be early...I don't know, maybe Thursday. Was thinking that it sure would be nice to give my mom and MIL the news on Mother's Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...